Buh-bye 2009! You were not a year I will look back on fondly, but it wasn’t that bad of a year either. I learned a lot about myself this year, and I thought I did great not losing my mind when things that I would have called a earth-ending-disaster a few years ago happened to me in 2009. I have really learned to be spiritually calm this last year. Now I want to start actually getting the whole of my life in order in 2010.
Of course the beginning of a year brings all sorts of promise. I am always inspired to get my crap together and I come up with all these plans, and I don’t usually follow through. Mostly because I get overwhelmed. Plus I never really give myself any sort of clear idea of what I want to accomplish. This year I am not going to make resolutions. I’m going to really make an effort to set and keep some goals. I hope by writing them out it will help keep me on track. So here are my categorized goals for 2010:
- Wake up at 6am every week day
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day
- WiiFit 3 days a week
- Take my vitamins regularly
- Get haircuts and eyelash tints on a regular schedule
- Get outside and do fun things at least once a week
- Spend 30 minutes a day on personal development
- Quit smoking (again *sigh*)
- Regain control of finances
- Start having family budget meetings
- Start saving for emergencies
- Start menu planning and freezer cooking
- Shrink our grocery budget to less than $100/week
- Create a housekeeping schedule that keeps me from constantly doing housework
- Get rid of all the clutter I don’t love
- Paint the upstairs something other than white
- Put new floors in the upstairs…carpet be gone!
On Monday I am going to post my business and blogging goals for 2010. These are the start of my goals for 2010. I have a feeling this is really going to be the year that I start to have the life I’ve always wanted. I am really looking forward to it, and very happy to say goodbye to 2009.